Tuesday 28 July 2015

Respectful Homage to Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

Only when you have courage to lose sight of the shore, you can discover the oceans! - Dr. Kalam
It's rare to find a gem, so noble and so serene! so humble and so unassuming! Hard to believe that the 'People's President' is no more! Our homage and respects to you dear Kalam Sir. You have not passed away! You are etched in our hearts... forever!

A Memorable Thought on Dr. Abdul Kalam, shared by his assistant:
Often he would ask me, "You are young! decide what will you like to be remembered for?" I kept thinking of new impressive answers, till one day I gave up and resorted to tit-for-tat. I asked him back, "First you tell me, what will you like to be remembered for? President, Scientist, Writer, Missile man, India 2020, Target 3 billion... What? I thought I had made the question easier by giving options, but he sprang on me a surprise. "Teacher", he said.
The Department of English, MCC takes pride in the fact that, it is one among the first institutions in India, to prescribe Dr. Kalam's Speech 'My Visions for India" for all their General English [Part - II] students. MCC also had the pleasant privilege of having Dr. Kalam grace the Convocation Day of MCC in February 2007, where his speech enthralled hearts and minds alike, and served as a great motivation for both the teaching fraternity and the student community. The full text of his speech at MCC on our blog HERE and Part II HERE

You can never die... Kalam Sir! yessss! you live forever... in all our hearts! 
A visionary par excellence!

No comments:

Post a Comment