Wednesday 18 November 2020

'I should first identify what makes me happy! – if I relate with that, that makes me successful!'

Sudha Murty LIVE… 🎶

Grandparents’ Bag of Stories: An Inheritance of Tales

Wednesday, 18th November 2020

Award-winning author Sudha Murty delights young audiences with her new collection of tales, ‘Grandparents’ Bag of Stories’ talking with Naima Ramakrishnan. 🎊☺



Grandparents’ Bag of Stories 📖

Sudha Murty 💛

Sudha Murty LIVE in conversation with Naina Ramakrishnan!

From TATA Lit FEST LIVE…

10.30 am to 11 am

Naina asks,

Why are grandma stories the best?

Sudha Murty replies,

Because, firstly, parents are quite young, and with a lot of responsibilities! So they are busy as well! Whereas grandmas are old, carry experience and have so much of love for their grand kids without any responsibility now! (since all the responsibility of raising the kids rests on the parents!) So they devote a lot of time to their grand kids! And tell them the best stories.

Naina asks,

What’s your experience with your own grandma?

Sudha Murty replies,

My grandmother was alive until I was 25! And she was a doting grandma who used to tell me stories! I’ve also named my granddaughter after my grandmother! – Krishna!

Added, I’ve also written an entire chapter after her – that’s a true story titled, ‘How I taught my grandmother to read!’

Naina asks,

How do I start writing stories?

Sudha Murty replies,

You should understand that, too much exaggeration is not good. Readers don’t like it. Be natural. Be spontaneous. Whenever you tell stories, be honest, because honesty is always appreciated.

Naina asks, 

How do you balance writing work with family?

Sudha Murty replies,

I don’t waste my time. I am very particular about my time.

How to use time very effectively.

Naina asks,

I feel there’s a lot of you in your work. What do you have to say of that?

Sudha Murty replies,

Well yes! There’s a lot of ‘me’ in my work, simply because, it’s my experience – entirely mine – and also because, so that nobody can question it – because it’s my experience! Added, they can also relate with my experiences!

Naina asks,

What is your definition of happiness?

Sudha Murty replies,

I should first identify what makes me happy – if I relate with that, that makes me successful!

For me, personally, success is about helping others and being happy with that.

That’s my definition of a contented life as well!

Sudha Murty signed off with the line,

“Success or failure may come and go! They’re immaterial!”

“But to be a good human being is the best of all!” 💛

No comments:

Post a Comment