Monday 26 December 2011

Lookin' Back..!

This month, we celebrate eight fruitful years of blogging, and we've completed more than 8oo posts till date. Looking back, I just wonder at the pace at which Time flits by, on the wings of the whole wide web... 

Indeed it looks like, I wrote my first blog post just about yesterday!! What started off as a log/record of class activities for my students, quite soon expanded over a period of time to accommodate posts on general awareness, Educational scholarships, Association Activities, Recruitments, celebrating Student writers, acknowledging Student achievers, etc.

Herewith i would like to present memorable highlights of my blog - 

Personally, thus far, the cream of the blog, would be, Student Assignments which speak volumes to the creative abilities latent within every student. ‘Inspirational posts’ which are the lighthouse to the blog, serve to motivate students towards their goals!

Posts on ‘General Awareness’ have become a huge hit with netizens, particularly with my students - past and present, and I am sure convinced that they have been quite useful to the general reader too!

I would also like to say, with all humility, that we have got requests for lesson plans/lesson help/ lesson ideas/ lesson summaries from more than 200 netizens (students and/or researchers and/or fellow teachers) from across the world, and, thanks to my illustrious staff friends, we have been able to help out as much as possible, in the limited time available to us, everyone who has sought our academic guidance, totally free of cost!

Now for the acknowledgements - 

My gratitude and respects to all my teachers who have been the chief source of inspiration in all my academic endeavours thus far. My librarian (on whom i've written a separate post on Teacher's Day), who has been a great source of encouragement to me, Dr.Suresh Frederick, more of a friend than a teacher, who has always been there for me, Prof.Natarajan, Prof.Joha, Prof.Duvarakan, Prof.Baby Eliammal, Prof.Sobana, Prof.Dhanapal, Prof.Azariah, Prof.Cruz, the late Dr.Ranjan Samuel, (who's the bestest i've ever seen), Prof.Edward, Prof.Athmanathan, Prof.Stanley Mohandass, Prof.Chandramohan Nair, Prof.Nedumaran and the list goes onnn...


I thank my dear students for their comments and suggestions, which have proved valuable in finetuning the nitty gritties of our blog.

I thank Olivia Coleman, Karen Schweitzer, Holly McCarthy, and  Heather Johnson who have written motivational guest posts (exclusives) for my blog.

I thank my staff friends, especially my kindred spirit Dr. Ganesh, my invaluable friends Prof. David and Prof. Wesley, my beloved brother Prof. K. Ravi, who have all along been a great strength and a sweet solace in all my academic endeavours, and also in fine-tuning our blog to what it is today!

I thank all my family members for being the inspiration that they always are.

I thank all my good old classmates (Bagat, Sakthi, Sam, Beno, Prabhu, including the two in Bangalore) for constantly being in touch, and giving valuable inputs on our blog posts. Indeed they have been real touchstones for excellence. 


I thank blogger dot com for giving novicey-bloggers like me a vibrant platform of sorts to share our 'two mites' with netizens from across the globe.

Above all, I thank God Almighty, Our Help in Ages Past whose grace and guidance follows us in all our endeavours.

If at all I should write something in honour of this occasion, I would put it this way - 

'Still far more to conquer.........'

Love, 
Rufus

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the gratitude shown towards your teachers. SF

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much dear SF Sir:-) Your blessings and wishes are our strength and solace. With Warm Regards, Rufus

    ReplyDelete