Friday 26 August 2022

"This book has become my constant companion and my very good friend…"

Bhavya’s Book Review | In Class Today

Well, it was Bhavya’s turn to do her Book Review in class today.

Bhavya takes over - from here on -

Well, when asked to list out their favourite books, most will say, God of Small Things, or Harry Potter, etc.

We also for the most part, go by the dictum that, books are an epitome of knowledge. But these are trite and clichéd sayings, which - though may be true, - I wish to gently put them aside.

I would love to share something with you about our library madam.

She used to give each of us a book and within a week’s time, she would ask us all to write about it and show it to her.

My mom is a librarian as well. So my house is literally always flooded with books all of the time.

Have you all read the book, “Dalit movement and radical left?” she then asked the class.

Following this, she read out a lovely quote on reading in Malayalam which goes thus –

വായിച്ചാൽ വളരും

വായിച്ചില്ലെങ്കിലും വളരും,

വായിച്ചാൽ വിളയും

വായിച്ചില്ലെങ്കിൽ വളയും

I’ve not been a huge fan of those huge books anytime. Balaramas (Children’s Comics) are my types, you see!

We all have the fire within us. We know it only through our difficult times.

I’ve not yet started my book review so far.

Well, this book that I’ve wanted to review, I’ve been carrying with me always. It has some fire in it. But I won’t recommend it for you.

Five months ago, I bought this book. It had everything that I was facing… fear, trauma, disillusionment, etc.

It’s written in a very simple language. The girl in the book gave me a lot of confidence.

If she can come up in life, You too can! It’s just the same thing! As simple as that!

It has sections, sub-sections, It has emotions, fun and all.

The book tells the way she overcame her life’s battles. Struggles, bullying etc in her childhood.

This book has become my constant companion and my very good friend…

Saying thus, she said she wanted to show the book to all of us, and hence, walking down the aisle, she went to the last row to her bench, and took out the book…

And hey presto!

It was her own personal note book!

A book that contained all her woes and blues, her ups and downs, and how she’s managed through it all and come out super-strong!

The whole class gave her a wonderful ovation!

Great Bhavya! You literally won all our hearts! and how…!

No comments:

Post a Comment