Tuesday 14 February 2023

"So think of this as time travel, from then, to now, to find out what you're missing out on..."

My Favourite Five for Today!

Well, I’ve always been a greattt fan of romantic comedies.

Yes, rom-coms have always been my cuppa of coffee anytime!

Of late, I should also admit that, I’ve got this fascination for watching thrillers [investigative thrillers in particular] as well! [thanks to some solid encouragement on the family front].

But but but… I’ve never taken a fascination for those evil-dead-like horror movies... nayver! 

Interestingly, my ward [just last year] did her entire thesis exclusively on Horror Movies, and I gladly gave her the go-ahead for that!

On an added note, well, I had to interview her a full hour to get to know what interested her the most about horror movies. And her answers were so persuasive and convincing enough! More power to her!

Pardon me if I’ve hit a slightly discordant note here. But but but... as for me and my heart, horror movies are nayver our kind! ;-) Even Pizza, that ‘pranky’ horror movie starring Vijay Sethupathy in the lead role, couldn’t gel well with the likes of my temperament. 

On an aside, you may want to read a very humorous take on this movie, that we colleagues in our Department, went along to watch in Mayajaal, on our past post here. 

Light-hearted comedies that double up as romances, where all’s well that ends well have always been my pick!

So considering the added inspiration on such a beautiful day as this, me thought of giving my favourite five movies of all time – that are also available on OTT platforms, I guess!

First and foremost –

Before Sunrise!

What a movie! What a movie! A movie on this scale I guess can never be made yet again. Never!

A thoroughly romantic masterpiece with such amazing, awe-inspiring dialogues.

If at all there’s one movie that’s got just two characters all through the movie, who capture our attention and our hearts, just through their stunning dialogues, it’s Before Sunrise, hands down!

That amazing chemistry between Ethan and Julie (as Jesse and Celine) should be seen to be believed.

Sample these awesome lines from the movie –

Jesse : Alright, I have an admittedly insane idea, but if I don't ask you this it's just, uh, you know, it's gonna haunt me the rest of my life.

Celine : What?

Jesse : Um... I want to keep talking to you, y'know. I have no idea what your situation is, but, uh, but I feel like we have some kind of, uh, connection. Right?

Celine : Yeah, me too.

Jesse : Yeah, right, well, great. So listen, so here's the deal. This is what we should do. You should get off the train with me here in Vienna, and come check out the capital.

Celine : What?

Jesse : Come on. It'll be fun. Come on.

Celine : What would we do?

Jesse : Umm, I don't know. All I know is I have to catch an Austrian Airlines flight tomorrow morning at 9:30 and I don't really have enough money for a hotel, so I was just going to walk around, and it would be a lot more fun if you came with me.

And if I turn out to be some kind of psycho, you know, you just get on the next train.

Jesse : Alright, alright. Think of it like this: jump ahead, ten, twenty years, okay, and you're married.

Only your marriage doesn't have that same energy that it used to have, y'know. You start to blame your husband. You start to think about all those guys you've met in your life and what might have happened if you'd picked up with one of them, right?

Well, I'm one of those guys. That's me y'know, so think of this as time travel, from then, to now, to find out what you're missing out on.

See, what this really could be is a gigantic favor to both you and your future husband to find out that you're not missing out on anything.

I'm just as big a loser as he is, totally unmotivated, totally boring, and, uh, you made the right choice, and you're really happy.

Celine : Let me get my bag.

No spoilers though! Do watch this stunning masterpiece of a romantic movie!

The next four movies in line are –

When Harry Met Sally

La la Land

Notting Hill

The Notebook

(in that order).

Details for each to follow, when I get some added me-time on me.

For now, Before Sunriseeee!

Pic courtesy: IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment