Saturday 21 July 2018

Freedom is Power!

I chanced upon the movie Catwoman quite recently, a spin-off on the DC comics character of the same name, and found some of its lines so fascinating. 
Giving some of them for us all -

"Catwomen are not contained by the rules of society. You follow your own desires. This is both a blessing and a curse. You will often be alone and misunderstood, but you will experience a freedom other women will never know. You are a Catwoman. Every sight, every smell, every sound, incredibly heightened. Fierce independence, total confidence, inhuman reflexes."

"You've spent a lifetime caged. By accepting who you are - all of who you are... you can be free. And freedom is power."

"Bastet is a rarity. The Goddess of the moon and of the sun. She represents the duality in all women, docile yet aggressive, nurturing yet ferocious".

"You see, sometimes I'm good. Oh, I'm very good. But sometimes I'm bad. But only as bad as I wanna be. Freedom is power. To live a life untamed and unafraid is the gift that I've been given, and so my journey begins".

Laurel Hedare: How do I get in touch with you?
Catwoman: Well, I'm not exactly listed.

Laurel Hedare: Game over!
Catwoman: Guess what? It's overtime!

© The movie "CATWOMAN" | 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment