Thursday 27 February 2020

'You will only end up living someone else’s life!'

Take Time to Reflect!

Darius Foroux for us all, yet again, dear gentle reader! He makes such-much sense, you see!


This post would discuss three salients from off Foroux and his seasoned-wisened musings gleaned from his little book titled, Thinking Straight: Change your thoughts, change your life.

These three salients then, would be his delightful little takes on –

The importance of having your own daily journal!
Having your own little rules for your money!!
And finally,
To improve the quality of your thoughts!!!

From Foroux for us, folks –

Foroux advocates or rather stresses on the importance of keeping a daily journal, and reading more books!

Says he -

We live busy lives. And sometimes there’s no time for thinking. When thinking is not a priority, make it one. If you don’t, you’ll end up like me a few years ago. I didn’t reflect on anything between 2012 and 2015. Result? All of a sudden, I felt overwhelmed and didn’t know what to do with my life. I had a true internal crisis on my hands.

Since I had no idea what to do, I started reading more books. And I noticed that many smart and happy people kept journals. They also reflected more on their life. More specifically, they reflected on the things they learned, mistakes they made, and the goals they achieved.

When I started daily journaling, I began with writing my own autobiography. It’s not meant for publication. It’s meant for reflection and learning. If you don’t know what to write about—write your life story. I’m sure you’ll learn more about yourself with every paragraph you write, says Foroux, Darius Foroux!

Secondly, he proceeds to explicate in a nutshell on his own ‘money rules’ for life! He’s all against people who attach too much importance to money!

Says Foroux -

There’s a simple solution to devalue the value of money. I live by these five rules, says Foroux, and then he gives his illustration on his own Practical Money Rules here, in his own handwriting –


That’s what I’ve done for the past three years. And I haven’t had a single thought about money. Actually, that’s not true. I still think about money. Everybody does. But as soon as I think, “I have enough money in my savings account,” I stop thinking about money. No matter what happens, if you have enough money to survive for six months, you’ll figure it out.

There’s only one condition: Invest in your skills. It’s naรฏve to think we’ll always be able to find a job or make money. It takes effort. But since when is that a surprise?

Simply put, I don’t buy things I don’t need. I don’t need a new iPhone every year. I also don’t need five thousand dollar shoes. But that doesn’t mean I own only one pair of shoes. I simply don’t buy everything I like. Buying stuff in excess is not practical because I don’t have enough space. Plus, I like to train myself to resist things to improve my self-discipline. Remember: Money is a replaceable resource. When you’re out of it, you can earn it back. You can’t say the same for time. Don’t spend too much time thinking about money, says he!

Finally, Foroux asks the reader to improve the quality of their thoughts! Exactly what Dr. Abdul Kalam, our former President, exhorted us to do! Foroux is against the concept of just reading and reading good books! To him, they are of no use whatsoever, until and unless our thoughts translated into action! How trueee! 

[One good reason why I exited quick, from a Reading group of which I was gladly a part of! Since, i found out, albeit sadly, that, after years and years of sharing and posting what one reads, no constructive action worth meriting or cherishing ever came out of those shares! It proved just a pavapetta little space for everything except constructive action! No growth! Just stagnation! a few of us, 'ignited' minds scratching each other's backs for the rest of our lives! ;-)  Nothing more! Nothing less! To me, personally, any reading group becomes progressive and proactive, only when something constructive evolves or results out of it! Else, it becomes a colossal waste of one’s precious time, resources and energy, ain't it?]

Says Foroux –

You don’t need anything to relax but yourself. Let go of everything. You can escape your outside world and go inside your mind to find peace. If you can’t do that right now, train yourself.

Improve the quality of your thoughts, so you improve the quality of your actions.

Some things in life you must experience to know what they’re like in reality. No one can truly feel how it is to be an entrepreneur unless they start doing it.

You can read all the business books you want, and watch as many videos about entrepreneurship as you want, but they will not make you an entrepreneur. Ever. You will only end up living someone else’s life.

How true proves Foroux on this count! Ain't he, folks!? ;-)

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment