Sunday 19 August 2007

Self Assessment - the first Step to Achieving Success and becoming a Leader:

The Language Enthusiasts' Meet, organised this past Saturday, 18 August, was an eye-opener for each of us gathered, as students assessed their positives and negatives.

They say that a gentleman who is able to assess and evaluate both his positives and his negatives, in an unbiased, honest manner, has the qualities of a good leader, and a good teacher. Since, he alone can understand that man is capable of making mistakes and so, as a leader, he can be more elastic, compatible, broad minded in approach, and try to invigorate his subordinates with love and kindness.

Students at the Meet were asked to list out three positive things about themselves, and three equally negative things. Given below are some of these reflections:
First, for the positives, or USPs:

I dont tend to hurt anybody.
Interested in listening to lectures.
Fear of God.

I'm quite bold.
I can look a person in the eye.
I've got enormous self confidence.

I've got a cool temperament.
I like to be active all the time.
I can convince people easily.

Perseverence is my forte.
I honor my word to others.
I can easily get along with others.

I'm always positive.
I read a lot, and love music.
I like helping others in whatever way I can.

I've got a liberal thinking.
Flexibility to accept the new.
If I start something, I make sure that I complete it.
Reading is my favourite pass time.

I love playing Cricket.
I'm gregarious by nature.
Have tremendous will power.

Humility is my hallmark.
I've got no bad habits.
I am always patient.

I'm Calm and cool headed.
I dont like to get into controversies.
I get attracted to serene things like idealism and music.

Self-confidence is my USP.
I've got the spirit of questioning.
I'm gregarious, i.e., I like being in company.

I always have a satisfaction in helping others, espcially in studies.
I tend to be friendly with everyone.
I have properly planned my life.

Good Interpersonal Skills,
Critical Thinking.
Public Speaking without fear or shyness.

I Never get angry even if anyone teases or makes a joke at my expense.
I tend to adjust to any situation.
I always lend a helping hand in time of need.

I can mingle with all kinds of people equally.
Many quarrelled with me but when they apologise, I tend to patch up.
No bad habits till date, and that makes me a proud son of my parents.

Now for the negatives:

I'm a bit lethargic and sloppy.
I'm not highly ambitious.
I'm never considerate about the feelings of others.

I lack concentration.
I'm a bit shy.
I get nervous during the eleventh hour of any event, be it an exam or a speech.

I'm an emotional wreck.I tend to be lazy sometimes.
I'm a bit introverted, shy sometimes.

I keep postponing things.
I have a fear on whether I'll succeed or not.
I lack consistency.

I've got no proper aim in life.
Laziness is my benchmark.
I never get too close with friends.

Laziness is my core weakness.

Laziness is my main nemesis.
I've not got any clear cut ambition for my life.
I'm not serious in my attitude towards things.

I get angry quite easily.
I'm a bit reserved by temperament.
I cannot mingle with others easily.

My inner situation depends on outer situations.
I tend to live through the eyes of others, sometimes.
I've got poor HR/PR
Sloppiness.
Slight negative thinking.
I've got a bit of fear.
I lack boldness sometimes.

I tend to do too much talking.
I'm lazy sometimes.
I've got no proper aim in life.

Procrastination is my main nemesis.
I freak out with friends a lot.
I'm a bit shor-tempered.

I lack confidence.
I keep postponing things.
I tend to get angry easily.

I lack vitality i.e enthusiasm
I sometimes tend to leave work midway.
When it comes to execution of resolution, sometimes, I miss the mark.

I'm shy, and not bold.
I sleep a lot.

I cannot tolerate if I lose. I curse myself for the next two days on that.
A bit of nervousness.
I'm a bit lethargic and sloppy especially in getting ready.

The purpose of these reflections is to help awaken such a consciousness, and to help each individual to consider his or her own personal situation in an area which is so fundamental for the full exercise of his innate qualities towards a 'humane' being endowed with the qualities of a Successful Leader.

Read these positives and negatives about yourself, periodically, whenever you feel like self-introspection, and I assure you, the same negatives which you find here will become your postive points sooooon. ALL THE BEST..! And dont forget to keep me posted..! Regards and wishing you the best..!
Rufus

No comments:

Post a Comment