Saturday 11 March 2023

What if Hamlet did not know the aftermath of his actions?

‘What if?’ | A Lovely Literary Take on Hamlet

S. K. Vishnu Prasath, II BA English

A small glimpse into the greatest Shakespearean tragedy HAMLET -

Hamlet maybe a nobleman for the audience but for Ophelia, is he a good man?

Who on earth would betray his love and kill her father?

But Hamlet can be justified for his action as he was suffering from hallucinations and voices haunting him day and night.

But does that compensate for the death of Ophelia?

What if Hamlet did not know the aftermath of his actions?

What if Hamlet never thought that Ophelia would drown herself?

So here I present a snippet from the inner self of Hamlet, not as a prince but as a lover.

My Ophelia, this is for you

What it feels like to let my love die?

How cruel it is to let my love die , not in this cruel physical world but losing the magical emotion from my mind too.

There lie the worn out letters and flowers you sent me.

Now, with my hands stumbling to pick up a feather left behind in my terrace and my heart taking refuge in your memories life seems really hard.

But after all the pain, there lies the truth, the hidden truth,

Ophelia, you are the knife I turn inside myself; that is love.

That is love.

Pic: Video snap shot from a lovely videoshort created by Vishnu Prasath & Priyadarshini

No comments:

Post a Comment