Saturday 11 March 2023

"Friends are a gift from above! Friends are devoted and true..."

Our ‘Whatsapp’ 😉 | 1990s

#memoriesfromletters ❤️

#II UG Days

Well, you see, I’ve got this quaint little habit of preserving some lovely memories. Be it from students, or colleagues, or friends, or family, I’ve had this little fascination for preserving and cherishing and reliving memories. 

Today, from my kutty little Letter Archives, I chanced upon this lovely Post Card, [15 paisa Post Card] which also doubled up as our SMS, our Whatsapp and our Gmail in the 1980s and 1990s.

The only downside to the Post Card, was that, the message reached us one or sometimes even two days later. But that wasn’t a bother anytime to us!

This particular letter was sent to me by my dear buddy George P. Mathew, who was doing his BA History alongside us.

He was [and is] my trusted friend for all seasons, much akin to my bestie Wesley. Yes, close friends addressed me as Sam.

When our exam schedule was announced, he so thoughtfully and sincerely went to the Post Office, bought a 15 Paisa Post Card exclusively for his lovely friend, copied the Entire Exam Schedule on this Post Card – something that I so delightfully cherish all these years - and then he went all the way to the Post Office, and dropped it in the Letter Box kept there, so as to reach me at my Residential Address on time!

That’s being a lovely friend!

I remember this lovely number we used to sing on the guitar back then.

[Yes! The song has that special feel, that beautiful aura and that lovely charm, only on guitar-mode, that’s that’s that’s…. simply timeless! Else, the only other option would be - try it out on acapella mode!] 😉

Excerpts from the cute and meaningful lyrics for y’all, here –

Friends!!! love one another

Friends!! sisters and brothers

Friends!! all in the family of God

Uoh oh oh!!

Friends!!! love one another

Friends!! sisters and brothers

Friends!! all in the family of God

Friends are a gift from above

Friends are devoted and true

Then when the goin' gets tough!

They're lovin',

Carin'

And prayin' for you

Dedicated to all of us who believe in such lovely friendships that last for a lifetime and beyond! ❤️

Just in case you want to listen to this lovely number, please grab a cup of your dream coffee, plug in your ear phones, close your eyes, stay still, and start listening to this song HERE on YouTube. Happy listening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment