Saturday 4 March 2023

"People said I was crazy. But there are quite a lot of things a mountain could teach you..."

A Trip to Mighty Mountain 

Saru Krishna R | I MA English

Admired and visited by people who seek solitude and by pilgrims, also known as Himadri the land of Lord Shiva, you might have guessed it by now…!

Yes, it is!

“The Mighty Himalayas.”

As an avid rider I have always fancied mountain roads. Though I never dreamt of riding to the Himalayas, my own ride experience turned out to be surprisingly pleasant.

I didn’t bother to take a sweater with me and managed to survive the 3° cold with just track pants and hoodies.

People said I was crazy. But there are quite a lot of things a mountain could teach you.

I was terrified when I heard of the leopard attacks happening in the Himalayas.

But the words of the locals comforted me. They believe to trust the mountain and says that the mountain does not forsake pure souls. They consider the mountain to be a superior power which made me realize the impact nature has on them.

The entire journey paved a way to feel and take in nature.

The purity of Mother Nature is epitomized by the Himalayas.

The cold mountain wind caresses the soul. The woods and valleys kindle something deep within you.

The feel of the mountains cannot be contained in words. The entire ride on hill covered a distance of 714 km on more than 50 mountains of the Himalayas.

The tough terrains and challenging roads are perfect for a 20 years young adult to learn from.

My legs were tiring, hands shivering and heart pounding; But the spirit of the mountain kept me going.

I consider this experience as my achievement.

Have you decided what yours is?

"The feel of the mountains cannot be contained in words..."

No comments:

Post a Comment