Sunday 11 September 2022

'This year, you’re seeing a far lesser crowd...' 😍

On SRO - Stephen Annan | Musings

Stephen Annan – as we all call him, is our ever-green dynamic, spirited staff at the Student Records Office.

He turned 59 years young just around a week ago, and the ‘spring-liness’ and the ‘sprightliness’ on him have only increased in their ‘spiritedness’ over the years!

In short, he is blessed with such an enigmatic joie de vivre that so vividly stands for his style, personifies his temperament and exemplifies his character…

And all three to a tee at that!

Right from the great Shri K Vijay Kumar, IPS to the latest Officers in the Indian Civil Services – to the topmost honchos in MRF - almost every alumni of our great grand Institution are regularly in touch with him just for the sheer joy of connecting with their alma mater, and keeping themselves updated with the latest on their beloved alma mater.

Suchmuch is the aura of Stephen Annan!

Having been associated with MCC for well over three decades now, the name Stephen Annan is synonymous with the good ol’ days of MCC for any many MCC-ians!

Interestingly, his son and daughter studied at MCC as well, and his daughter completed her Masters just this last past year.

Well, on that note, this last past week, I was in for a cute surprise, when Stephen Annan came up to my table and with such a pride on his face, he said,

Rufus annan, please I want you to see this beautiful watch gifted to me by my daughter. It’s the first precious gift from her on my birthday, after her College days, and I feel so proud wearing it, Annan’, said he!

Felt so happy that I impulsively hugged him and said, ‘I’m gonna take a snap of this for inspiring our students as well, Stephen Annan’.

He gladly agreed for a snapshot of the watch!

That precious watch from his daughter! 

More power to you dear Stephen Annan!

Let me finish this little blogpost on Stephen Annan with an incident that happened in February.

With the upcoming Graduation Day Ceremony, all our vibrant staff at the Student Records Office were working overtime for any many days in a row, and Stephen Annan proved our great impetus and inspiration on all those blessed evenings.

Stephen Annan - in his Professional Attire πŸ˜

On one such over-time evening, I decided to upload a little ‘Status update’ on Stephen Annan with the caption, ‘Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection!’

A few students who had seen my status, had instantly replied to me sharing their great love for Stephen Annan, and the lovely times they had with him at the helm in the Records Office.

One particular alumna of ours had even responded to the status update, saying that, she had always wanted to gift something to Stephen Annan on G-Day – Graduation Day.

I was so happy that she had resolved to honour such a sweet and lovely soul!

One rare occasion, when you spot Stephen Annan on 'Silent Mode' πŸ˜

G-Day came, and I was in for a surprise, when I saw, a host of graduands – of all hues - making a beeline to the Student Records Office.

We were all curiosity personified, and asked them the reason!

Said one – Sir, we’ve got our little gifts for Stephen Annan. Could you please just tell us where he is?’

I then took them along with me to the Examinations Gallery, where to my utter surprise, I saw at least twenty to thirty of such graduands crowding around their Stephen Annan and taking snaps with him!

Stephen Annan, at our monthly get-togethers in the SRO πŸ˜

So delighted and surprised, I came back to the SRO, and promptly shared my joy with our staff at the Records Office, saying, This is such a beautiful gesture, ain’t it, dear all?

One of the senior staff in the Office then remarked, saying, ‘Sir, every year at least hundreds of students throng around him vying with each other to take snapshots and selfies with their legendary hero. This year, you’re seeing a far lesser crowd, due mostly to the pandemic situation. Else, the scenario woulda been totally different!’

She really had us there!

A candid shot last week at the Staff Tiffin Room πŸ˜

And here I was, intensely delighted - at the love of the students, the liveliness of Stephen Annan and the sustaining legacy of this great grand institution!

Live Love MCC!

& Long Live Stephen Annan! πŸ˜

No comments:

Post a Comment