Monday 5 September 2016

A teacher is a dispeller of darkness - The darkness of ignorance!!

Today - 5th September - is indeed a special day for the teaching fraternity!

The day that commemorates the birthday of one of the renowned alumnus of Madras Christian College - Dr Sarvepalli Radhakhrishnan, a philosopher and a teacher par excellence, who studied in Madras Christian College for five long years - which, as he later acknowledges, had laid the strong foundations for his future dynamism as the leader of this great country – having become the second President of India - and also for his immense contribution to the Indian education system.

Dr Radhakhrishnan believed that ‘teachers should be the best minds in the country’. On this great day, we gratefully remember this legend - our great educationist, apart from honoring all the teachers who have made our lives much more brighter and for having enlightened us in all facets of our life.

Thank you dear Teachers for being the prime dispellers of the darkness of ‘ignorance’ during every stage of our life. It is impossible to imagine our lives without you! You have laid the foundations for our life. For this and more, we can never thank you enough, dear teachers - your immense love, dedication and encouragement in our lives. Today, it is our duty to celebrate and show our acknowledgement and recognition of the hard work put in by you - towards our development.

Even as I look back with nostalgia at my school & college life, my mind and my heart direct me to the one great source of knowledge – the fountain of wisdom – the spring of love – my dearest treasures, my teachers! With fire in their eyes, commitment in their words, determination in their minds, love in their hearts, and the utmost dedication for their students  -  being always there for me, to motivate me, to encourage me, to believe in me, and to help me face the problems of life, by giving me practical, life-sustaining values which will always be remembered, cherished and followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment