Friday 25 June 2021

'Do we have a day off on Monday, Sir?'

25 June 1998 | On Day-offs

#memoriesfromdiaries 💖

Just the previous day (24 June 1998) I had given a rough draft of my ‘Letter to the Editor’ [that I had written on the topic of Valuation], to our HoD Prof. P. Natarajan, for his corrections and valuable suggestions.

He had promptly corrected it, and when I went to his HoD Cabin, with a graceful smile on his face, he handed it over to me, along with his proverbial note of congratulations as well! 

Soon after, I had the letter quickly typed out at Saradha Type-writing services nearby (One page for Rs.3), and posted it at RMS (Postage stamp for Rs.2).

Then, in Prof. Cruz’s class, (Well, Prof. Cruz was our authority on all things Phonetics), which is usually highly interactive, on this particular day, he had asked us to shoot any questions to him.

As is typical of hostelers, who crave for that rare day-off in between working days, 😋 I asked him if we'd be having a day off the coming Monday, to which he replied in the affirmative, prompting peels of joy and whispers of happiness among all of us, especially the hostelers in our class. 😋

No comments:

Post a Comment