Wednesday 19 April 2023

"The world needs more and more of your sweet expressions, in your own sweet ways..."

A Rewarding Day @ SRM | Today

& Thoughts On Expressifying Yourself

Well, my day today began with a sweet message I had received on Whatsapp from Dr. Joseph Dorairaj wishing me the best for my Talk today at SRM University.

It added,

“Dear Rufus, I was looking forward to meeting you at SRM... I am back in Madurai. Best wishes for your presentation today. Have a good day.”

The wish and the blessing from such a noble heart, whom I so admire and regard, really made my day! Thank you so much dear Sir. 

Felt so happy with the way team SRM had organized the two-day International Conference at their University premises in Kattangulathur.

The Cab driver Mr. Ganesan came right in time to pick me up, and on the way, I spoke to Dr. Mekala our beloved HoD, and to Dr.David Albert my dear brother, who both wished me the best.

I did not quite fail to notice the LED Display to the main entrance that was beaming info about the International Conference for all and sundry. Well, that’s because, the previous evening itself, Dr. SJ had given me a video capture of the LED screen beaming info about the information on their LED Screens. Thank you Dr. Sam 😊

Dr.SJ's snapshot!

Soon, our driver drove up all the way to the second floor of the building, [through the special ramp], from where Dr. Alagesan cordially welcomed me, and ushered me to the HoD Dr. Kavitha’s cabin. 

After having my cuppa coffee there, came to the Venue, to see an attentive audience in rapt attention listening to Ms. Abarna Roy, Loyola College, Chennai.

I had promised the vibrant audience that I would finish my session sharp at 12.45 by my watch, and as I had promised, I did! 😊

Special thanks to the organisers who sprung a surprise with a short video presentation on me! 😊 Thank you dear team SRM. It was such a sweet and pleasant surprise!

Then followed some really insightful questions. One particular question by a vibrant research scholar on Ms. Sudha Murty was quite insightful and intriguing! This was followed by a lovely time of discussion and a personal photo session.

Felt so excited to meet with a host of MCC-ians, friends and colleagues from all over the State including Dr. Ganesan, Dr. Malik, Dr. Saravanan amongst others. You made the day extra cheerful for me dear friends. Special kudos to Dr. Ganesan on having got your Associate Professorship! Congratulations dear Sir.

MCC-ians whom I met with today, include - Akil Raj, Arunesh, Hari Priya, Abishika, Harinisri, Abisha, Roland, Lemma Ann, and a host of others as well. (see I remember all your names) 😊

And the list is not exhaustive here… 😊

The unending conversations over MCC that we had in the HoD’s cabin were the icing on the cake.

Dr. Kavitha Nair – a thoroughbred MCC-ian is also the Head of the Department.

The way Ma’am spoke on and on, about her legendary Professors at MCC when she studied here right from her UG till her Research, [1994 to 2009], about Dr. Rajani, Dr. VSV, Dr.Dorai, Dr.Vishnu Bhat, etc., was so endearing and heart-warming! 

Profusely in awe and admiration of Dr. Vishnu Bhat, she fondly reminisced on how, as students their lives were carved by Bhat Sir and Radha Ma’am, and how they used to spend hours and hours at their home, sometimes even late into the nights.

Those days past, we had such a wonderful camaraderie and bonhomie with our Professors, that we surrounded them all of the time, sir. In fact, Bhat Sir was very conscious of every word up to a dot, that we wrote on our answer sheets. He used to often say, ‘Values should not be taught! It should be caught.’

The values, the ethics, the boldness, and the integrity that we saw in our professors continue to guide us even today, sir. But sadly, today, values are at an ebb that Universities have made it a part of the syllabus. Back then, values weren’t taught at all. We literally imbibed them and inherited them from our Professors who were embodiments of such noble values.

An invaluable thought indeed!

On an added note, Dr. Kavitha was part of the women’s cricket team that represented the College in the University as well.

The day ended on a highly memorable note, with such a warm hospitality from the hosts.

Even as I was returning by their cab, I opened my mobile that had been kept in silent mode for many hours now, to see a host of messages and calls from near and dear. One message that made me so happy was from Prof.Alamelu Janaki.

It went like this –

Hello sir, good morning, I read your blogs and your determination to document each and everything is highly motivating. Being inspired, I just began doing it sir….

Felt so joyous to see a vibrant literary soul so passionate about blogging. You may click on this link HERE to read her post.

Do put me a word if you have started blogging. Would be so thrilled and joyous to read your post. 

A special thanks to our vibrant alumnus Akil Raj [almost on the verge of completing his PhD at SRM] who told me this morning the first thing he met me, ‘Sir, I follow your blog regularly’. Felt so joyous to hear that. Thank you Akil.

Well, our dear students, we would be so glad to see you take to blogging or to some form of writing your heart out on any medium - whatsoever.

I am spontaneously reminded of our dear Sai kiddo here. More power to you dear kiddo.

This poem by Sai kiddo was inspired by a sweet gesture of a three-year old sweet little girl, who had brought Sai kiddo some beautiful flowers from the garden. 

Be it on social media – facebook, Insta, YouTube, Blog, etc. 

Whatever the medium - just keep expressing yourself!

It could be a very small poem all of four lines. But still, just keep expressing yourself!

It could be just two minutes of a lovely YouTube video that you post on your YouTube channel. But still, just keep expressing yourself!

Memorable day, with all of you, vibrant MCC-ians 

It could be a soulful song or a short line from off a chorus. But still, just keep expressing yourself.

It could be a line or two on a bird or a bee that you post on Insta. But still, just keep expressing yourself!

It could be a beautiful snap or a motivating quote that you share on your Whatsapp status. But still, just keep expressing yourself!

On an added note, felt so overjoyed to hear that Haleem [II MA English] has come up with a wonderful short film. Congratulations dear Haleem. You make us proud. Here is the link to Haleem's Short Film.

These little ways of self-expression are in fact, channels to celebrating the sweet, lovely literary being, the artist within you.

That’s your hallmark! That’s what makes you YOU!

Just yesterday, Manimaran [II MA English] had shared the lovely news of his short film getting four awards at the national level short film fest. Made us so proud and happy. Congratulations to you dear Manimaran. You make us proud. Here is the link to Manimaran's Short Film. 

We are expecting Gayathri’s short film to premiere anytime soon. So proud of you, Gayathri.

So yes! Our dear students, just go ahead! Express yourself in whatever creative ways you possibly can!

Only one life!

Your unique life! Your sweet life!

Expressify it in your own unique ways. Phenomenally! 

The best way of self-expression for a literary soul is the expression through art - be it painting, writing, filming, dancing, singing, etc. 

Best wishes to you. Do send me your expressified link. I shall display it proudly on our blog here. Let us all together celebrate our sweet, beautiful expressions. 

The world needs more and more of your sweet expressions, in your own sweet ways. 

Keep up the spirit.

To sum it all up in the words of Keats –

“O for a life of Sensations rather than of Thoughts!”

Beautiful, ain’t it?

PS: You may want to read a special post on the legendary Dr. Vishnu Bhat here on our past post.

Thank you so much for the lovely snapshots, Ms. Easwari, and Mr.Akil Raj. 

Sweet memories of a lovely day!

Thank you so much Dr. Kavitha, Dr. Poongodi, Dr. Alagesan, Dr. Ezhil and all the lovely faculty, and research scholars at SRM. You made my day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment