The literature of the British Romantic Age, according to Adeline Johns-Putra, has been shaped by a number of forces.
Give a critical overview of the Romantic Age with special reference to any five of the following critical concepts and topics that shaped the literature of the Romantic Age.
· Canon (Canonizing Forces)
· Class (Class Barriers)
· Gender (the canonical Romantic poets are all men!?)
· Nature (one of the central preoccupations of Romantic Poetry)
· Imagination (The positive energy of the imagination)
· Orientalism (How the Orient exerted a considerable allure over Romantic literature)
· Revolution (The age of Romanticism as an Age of Revolution)
· Science (the Romantic Age has sometimes been called ‘the second scientific revolution’)
· Slavery (Debates around the question of slavery and slave trade)
· The Sublime (as ‘sense super-sensible’ that had the grandeur and magnitude to inspire transcendence of mind).
CChecklist for your Assignment -
Check if you have included an abstract in about 150 words.
• Check if key words have also been included along with your abstract. (words, and not sentences!)
• Check if you have cited the page numbers for all the citations/quotations included in the article.
• Check if you have followed the MLA format for quoting page numbers in your article.
• Check if you have abided by the MLA format for Research Papers in your ‘Works Cited’ section.
• Check if you have included a minimum of at least 18 paragraphs in your research article. (the minimum is 18)
• Check if you have a word length of at least 3000 words. Your MS Word will help you identify the approaching word length better.
• Check for any spelling mistakes/grammatical errors that might have inadvertently crept into your article.
• See to it that you submit your assignments before the deadline. (e-assignments are just an option given to students for publishing them later).
• If you have done all of the above, kindly question your guide if your grade is below 80!
• Otherwise, stop the lament and get back to the basics!
• There’s no compromise on quality AT ANY COST!