Wednesday 1 September 2021

My little 'diary-mode' idiosyncrasies... 😍

31 August 1995 | Two Chief Ministers

#memoriesfromdiaries 💕

[26 years ago] 💛

On this very same day, in 1995, Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh, [1992 to 1995], was killed in a car bombing at 17.33 hrs.

In AP, Mr. Chandrababu Naidu organized a coup against his own father-in-law [who was Chief Minister then] on 01 September 1995, and thereby became the youngest Chief Minister of the State.

He also has claim to be the longest serving Chief Minister of the State of AP (14 years).

Coming back,

- to today’s analysis of my idiosyncrasies on ‘diary-mode’ -

Well, yes! Yet another feature that strikes me about my past diary entries is the fact that, I’ve mentioned the exact / specific timings for most of the events.

Especially the timing of the killing of the former CM – which has not found mention in any of the news reports on the web!

I may be wrong on the timing part as well!

But again, back then, since we usually looked up the newspaper reports for factuality, in all probability it should be right, I feel!

Interestingly, flipping through the scores of pages of my past diary entries, I could not help notice the fact that - be it our classes, or food time, or study time, or sleep time or any other event, I’ve given a lot of importance to the ‘TIME’ part!

Intriguing to me even! 😍

Probably this aspect has helped me a lot when it comes to coordinating or organizing events!

Be it talks or lectures, or seminars or conferences, I guess it helps us greatly on the punctuality part!

Coming back, 

Yes! I should admit that Math was my Achilles heel! My nemesis of sorts! 🙈

One reason why I surrendered in toto to my Math Master for his expert coaching to help me swim over to the other side of the shore! 

Guess what? I really did! And how! 😇

All thanks to my Math Master! 🙏😍

PS: You may want to look up our past post HERE on an Endowment Lecture organised by our Department, that I had particularly mentioned, appreciating the organisers for their amazing sense of time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment