Thursday 2 September 2021

When our Master sensed the ‘hit’, he reprimanded both of them...

02 Sept 1994 | The impulsive ‘hit’

#memoriesfromdiaries πŸ’•

From 27 years ago! πŸ’›

After our usual roll call at 5.30 am, had my rendezvous with the cuppa! 

from my personal diary entry, 02 Sept 1994 

Then we had yummy bhooris for breakfast. πŸ˜‹

Read the day’s newspaper before marching school-ward!

First hour – Botany class, followed by Physics class.

Personally, I should confess that,

Math was not my cup of tea, neither was Chemistry my cuppa Coffee! πŸ˜‹

And please-o-please don’t ask me why!

But Physics I simply loved! πŸ’›

Again don’t know why! 

So yes! If there were two other subjects on earth that so fascinated me, [apart from English], they’d sure be – Physics and Economics, in that order.

But on this particular day, since it was a snap test, I wasn’t prepared at all! πŸ€—

And as is the norm with all of us hostelers, you see - after our games & games & games of chess late into the nights - we get to hit the sack only when the rooster wakes up at dawn to say his huskied-hello to the town!

That’s hence with a heavy heart I’d written, ‘I’d get a zero’ in today’s test! πŸ˜

Coming back,

Today something highly unfortunate happened in our class.

Darshan was our class representative. Raymond was our hostel mate and classmate as well!

Today Darshan and Raymond had an altercation in class, and in an impulsive turn of events, Darshan hit Raymond!

When our Master sensed the ‘hit’, he reprimanded both of them, and then gave some words of advice to all of us -

He said,

We should understand our friends, and give each one their due respect.

Everyone has an ego, and when that ego is slightly touched, they become angry.

Something I wouldn’t forget for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment