Saturday 3 August 2024

"Seize any opportunity that comes your way in MCC!" ❤️

Dr. Gautham (our Alumnus) in Conversation with our Students

Today | 3rd August 2024 | 7 pm

The Deanery of International Programmes and the Deanery of Research & Development, MCC, organized the first edition of ‘Meet with our Alumni Studying Abroad’ Series today, Saturday, 3rd August 2024, at 7 pm.

The meeting began at 7 pm and ended at 8.10 pm.

It was a very lively and interactive session with our illustrious alumnus Dr. Gautham Chengizkhan [BSc & MSc Zoology 2010-2015], who’s presently Postdoctoral Research Fellow with the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma, US.

Excerpts from his talk -

Both my department and my college gave me a lot of opportunities for holistic growth.

Well, I’ve never been outside Madurai in all my life. But coming to MCC was an experience! It transformed me to who I am today!

Remember, you just need to be in Campus, enroll yourself in sports or culturals, or literary and debating activities, which will greatly hone your skills. It will boost your confidence and overall morale as well.

Memories of Gautham's MCC Days

I had even contested for College Chairman, and lost! But I learnt a lot from the loss. Then I was elected Chairman in the University.

I’ve spent almost one fifth of my life in MCC. With respect to academics, I was just an average student – a middle bencher. In fact, I came to MCC with a lot of dreams and aspirations.

I request you to seize any opportunity that comes your way in MCC. You might never know when your turning point will come!

It’s important to develop multidisciplinary knowledge. I cleared my NET, and then went on to do my PhD. Since my parents were teachers, they wanted me to do B.Ed. But I didn’t oblige them, since I found that, my calling was not amongst school children, but on research. So check your calling!

Observe and record whatever you listen to in class! Whatever you’re taught is for your own good.

Being in a Conference boosts your confidence. It also gives you constructive feedback and criticism.

The key takeaway is, ‘Step Out of your Comfort Zone’.

Embracing opportunities outside of your comfort zone is essential for personal and professional development, signed off Dr. Gautham.

I thank our Principal Dr. P. Wilson, for suggesting this wonderful initiative of engaging our alumni studying abroad with our present students who aspire to go abroad.

Dr. Gautham Chengizkhan spoke passionately about his life in MCC for five years, right from his BSc Zoology to MSc Zoology days (2010 – 2015), and how he went on to do his research with IBMS, and how he later got into the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, with the University of Oklahoma as a postdoctoral research fellow.

He has shared his WhatsApp no and email id for our students to get in touch with him. Do ping me or the ADIP to get you his contact details.

Dr. Gautham added that, the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center is actively recruiting for post-doctoral fellows. He has also expressed his interest in collaborating with us.

We hope to meet you in the next edition of ‘Meet with our Alumni Studying Abroad’ on Saturday, 10th August 2024, at 7 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment