Tuesday, 11 August 2026

"I had to face almost 80 rejections for the first few years" ❤️

@ Vinayaka Missions Arts & Science College | Today

A Report

Felt so happy to be the Chief Guest for the inaugural of the English Literary Association of Vinayaka Mission University’s Arts & Science College at Paiyanur, Chennai today from 2 pm onwards.

Thanks to Ms. Dharsheni, our vibrant alumna for having invited me over to this sylvan Institution. I was quite surprised to see a host of MCC-ians on the rolls. 

Meeting with Prof. Anthea Isaac was also a pleasant surprise today. She did the MC so well, and the Director told me that she was the one who coordinated the choreo for the dance programme today. Congrats Prof. Anthea.

I was delighted to meet with Dr. Joshua Akhil, our vibrant alumnus, who is now teaching and also guiding students for their PhD with Vinayaga Missions.

It was such a joy interacting with him. He said that he has got eight Scopus-indexed publications, and his ninth paper has also been accepted for publication recently.

I was so overjoyed to know about his passion for research publications, and quite soon I also promptly rang up the Dean of Research and Development in MCC - Dr. Tabitha, to invite Dr. Joshua Akhil for talks in his alma mater – MCC.

During my interactions with him on how he got this passion for publishing research articles in Scopus-Indexed Journals, he said, “Sir, it wasn’t easy to begin with. I had to face almost 80 rejections for the first few years. But I didn’t lose hope. Only after that, miracles started happening. My articles were getting accepted one after the other, five in a row”, he said.

On how he finds time to balance his teaching and his research he said – “I try and work out time management, by apportioning and delegating tasks for each day of the week, and also for particular time slots on any given day, Sir. This in fact helps me de-stress and also improves my efficiency in my work, sir”, he observed. So proud of you, Dr. Joshua Akhil.

On an aside, hearty congratulations to Ms. Prasitha (from today onwards Dr. Prasitha) on successfully defending your PhD thesis in the Viva Voce examination today, at VIT Chennai. Hearty congratulations to her vibrant Research Supervisor Dr. Bhuvaneswari as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Specialised Literary Studies | Refresher Course in English | Karnatak University, Dharwad ❤️

Refresher Course in English | Karnatak University, Dharwad 9th & 10th August 2026 | A Report Felt so happy to have been invited to serve...