A Teacher’s Greatest Reward
Teachers’ Day Wishes That Made My Day Today
5th September 2026
Teaching is often described as the noblest of all professions.
Guess why? 😊
Because it is the foundational pillar upon which all other professions are built.
Before anyone becomes a famed scientist, a renowned surgeon, or an impactful artist, they first sat in a classroom where they learnt their art and shaped their talents and skills.
That’s hence teachers act as the ultimate starting point for human advancement and progress.
Indeed, the core objective of a true educator does not lie in building palatial houses or accumulating wealth, fame or power for themselves!
Instead, their focus is entirely on elevating and uplifting their students - patiently nurturing their students’ growth, day by day, in every possible way!
A good teacher hence doesn’t stop at imparting academic facts or simply “covering” the ‘paper-tiger’ syllabus – a University formality for the exams. 😊 Rather, they take the time to mould character, shaping them into better, bolder versions of themselves by teaching empathy, resilience, values, and integrity.
As the adage goes, “A teacher affects eternity; they can never tell where their influence stops.”
And that’s because the impact of a dedicated teacher doesn’t end when the academic year finishes or a degree is handed out.
A single word of encouragement can alter the trajectory of a student’s life, changing how they eventually contribute to their community, lead others, and impact society.
And this requires immense endurance and patience every single day, especially when the work feels exhausting or under-recognised most of the time!
It is indeed a vocation that demands consistent, unglamorous dedication behind the scenes. Students may never see the countless invisible hours of planning, grading, and quiet worrying that teachers do, about those who are struggling, about those who are missing out on their classes, about those who are under-performing!
In fact, teaching demands a unique blend of heavy societal responsibility, selfless service, and lifelong commitment. It’s not just a career; it is a calling. A calling devoted entirely to the betterment of humanity.
Days like today remind me why these past 25 years in the classroom have been such a deeply beautiful and rewarding journey.
As my phone kept buzzing the whole day today, with notifications for Teachers’ Day, and calls poured in hour after hour, I found myself walking down memory lane. 😊
I heard grateful words of thanks from current students whose faces I see every day, and from alumni who are now out in the world, making their own impact on society.
Hundreds of messages from grateful hearts - and yes, in spite of our 47th Graduation Day commitments today, I patiently took time to reply to every one of them! Thanking every grateful heart that took their sweet time to look back on their student days, and give a word of thanks for their teacher on their very special day today!
Reading through this outpouring of love, I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude. The true reward of teaching isn’t found in a syllabus or a textbook! it’s found in the subtle ways we shape one another’s lives.
And guess what! for the first time in all these years, I wanted to capture this joy and keep it somewhere I could look back on whenever I need a reminder of why I do what I do.
Out of the hundreds of soulful messages of gratitude that I had received today, I want to reproduce the top 25 beautiful messages (without revealing their identities) 😊 that truly warmed my heart!
To every student - past and present - who took the time to reach out today –
Thank you so much. 😊
You are the only reason I love stepping into the classroom. You have taught me just as much as I have taught you, and watching you grow, succeed, and become wonderful human beings remains the greatest privilege of my life.
They say, gratitude is a powerful tool that unlocks blessings! May your gratitude today, unlock great blessings for you in your life - day by day in every way!
Here’s to the sheer joy of learning, and to many more years of this incredible journey in the service of humanity! ❤️




.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)


.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)


No comments:
Post a Comment