Friday, 25 September 2026

Guest Lecture at Vel Tech | Exploring How Theory Liberates the Reader ❤️

Beyond the Text: Reflections on A Rewarding Day at Vel Tech University

A Report

25th September 2026

Today I had the privilege of delivering a guest lecture on the topic, “Beyond the Text: How Theory Liberates the Reading, the Reader, and the World,” at Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology, Avadi. The lecture was organised by the Department of English and the School of Science and Humanities.

Even as I drove down my way towards the Campus, I was able to feel the salubrious and sylvan environment of the Campus – an ideal hub for education in the western heartland of Chennai.

Right at the entrance, I was so happy to see Dr. Sathish and Mr. Partha, Research Scholar, eagerly waiting to usher me into their University.

Then I was ushered into the HoD’s cabin, where I met with their vibrant Head of the Department Dr. P. Revathi. I was so overjoyed to know that she was a student of Dr. C. T. Indra, Dr. Rajani. Dr. Azhagarasan, Dr. Armstrong, Dr. Venkataramanan – great legends in the University of Madras.

Also met with Dr. Vinodh, and other lovely friends in the Department.

I felt so happy when all of them – right from their HoD to the faculty members, said that they regularly read this - our academic blog. Thank you so much dear friends. You made my day today!

After tea and snacks, we went to the Video Conference Hall – the venue of the Talk. I was so happy to see the energy of the participants, that actually set the vibrant tone for our discussion on the topic, "Beyond the Text: How Theory Liberates the Reading, the Reader, and the World."

During my lecture, I explored how literary theory is not merely an abstract academic exercise, but a living, breathing lens that fundamentally shifts our perspective and understanding of reality.

Added, I also unpacked the active role of the audience through the lens of the various theoretical frameworks.

The engagement from the students and faculty was phenomenal by all means, leading to a lot of brilliant questions towards the end of the Talk.

A sincere word of gratitude to the convenors, Dr. M. S. Murali Dhar (Dean - FME) and Dr. Revathi P. (HoD - English), for their warm hospitality and for curating such a dynamic academic platform.

My special thanks to the coordinator, Dr. J. Sathish Kumar, for meticulously organising the session and ensuring everything ran flawlessly, and to Mr. Partha, for coordinating the event.

It was indeed a memorable and joyous time - exchanging ideas with fellow scholars who share a deep passion for literary exploration.

A rewarding day in every way!

[Photos awaited]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Welcoming the Winter Guests | A Dawn Birding Adventure in Namma Chennai Today 💚

The First Flock | Welcoming Seven Magnificent Migrants to Namma Chennai #intothewildwithrufus #birding 6th September 2026 Today, as part of ...