Institute of Advanced Studies in English
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON LANGUAGE, LITERATURE AND CULTURE
15 – 17 DECEMBER 2017
The academic fraternity world over is preoccupied with various ways of understanding language, literature and culture. In addition to their interrelations and interdependence, the new ideas and approaches emerging from various disciplines like literary theory, philosophy, anthropology, linguistics, pragmatics and discourse analysis alongside technological revolution and socio-cultural transformations, have a bearing on our study of language and literature. The conference aims at exploring this dynamics with a focus on the complementary nature of language, literature and culture and their centrality in human life.
This year, we especially encourage papers that examine the intersection of digital technology and the Humanities. What are the new methodologies, theories, and sites of study that are emerging from this intersection? What kind of collaborations between the Humanities and Sciences must we envision for 21st century education and research? Papers that take up these and related issues should be submitted under the Digital Humanities, New Media Studies, and Future of Humanities Studies tracks.
Tracks for Discussion and Presentation
The ICLLC December 2017 will address a range of important tracks including the following:
1. Language, Literature and Ideology
2. Culture, Communication and Identity
3. Cultural Studies
4. Postcolonial Literature and Theory
5. Diaspora Identities
6. Feminist and Gender studies
7. Language, Gender and power
11. Discourse Analysis
12. Contemporary Literature and Media
13. Science Fiction
14. Digital Humanities
15. New Media Studies
16. Film Studies
17. Future of Humanities Studies
Submission of Abstracts
Proposals (abstracts) can be submitted to email@example.com as an attachment with 'Submission of Abstract' typed in the subject field. Proposals should include title, author's name/s, affiliation, contact email address and 150 word abstract of your paper. Approval/Acceptance of the proposal will be communicated in 10 working days.
Abstracts received till December 01, 2017 will be scheduled in the printed program. Late submissions will be adjusted on the site.
Publication of Conference Papers
Conference presenters may choose to submit their full papers for publication. All submitted papers will be peer reviewed, and accepted papers will be published in two stages:
1. Full articles received from registered participants by November 20, 2017, will be reviewed and published in the pre-conference issues of our refereed, international journals published at the Institute of Advanced Studies in English, Pune: Asian Journal of English Studies and Asian Quarterly: An International Journal of Contemoporary Issues (ISSN 2227-2606 and ISSN 2229-581X).
2. Full articles received after November 20, 2017, will be reviewed and published in the post-conference issues of these journals.
For more details, kindly visit their website HERE: http://iasepune.org/view/newly-conf.php
Note: Dr. Ashok Thorat, the Principal of IASE is an amiable person, quite talented at HR/PR and the much-needed organisational skills; we also have a wonderful friend from namma Chennai who works here at IASE, Pune - Professor Rama Gautam. Research scholars would surely have a wonderful and fruitful ambience for paper presentation, with a volley of critical questions and ideas/suggestions from the audience. Be there!