Friday 27 January 2017

A memorable day!

 Chennai Book Fair 2017
Helen Glory, R. II MA English 

I had the opportunity of visiting the Chennai Book Fair on 19th January which was held in St. George’s School, Chetpet. It was a very wonderful experience. I have never gone to any book fair before and I was almost stunned while looking into the various collections of books.

When I looked at those precious varieties of books, I was really inspired to read all those books. There are more than 750 stalls and each stall had unique and different types of books. I was particularly attracted to one quote that was found hanging on the top of Stall No.112

This stall was named, ‘Tamil Mann Padhipagam.’ It had various books on Maraimalaiyadigal’s speeches and writings. I saw some quotes that were hung on the top of this stall; Actually it was these inspiring quotes that made me go close to the stall and have a look at the books that were on display at the stall.

Being an English Literature student, I always have a great love towards my native language Tamil and I was more attracted to this stall when compared to others. 

It was indeed a very memorable day that I would never forget in all my life.
                                                              It was a very productive and inspiring time visiting such a wonderful Book Fair. Hereafter, I am sure I would never miss such an opportunity in my lifetime.           

                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment